How to film a car scene

Ydoc1999

Any advice on filming a cpr scene in a student film?

I am making a student film and there is a car scene. I play the victim and my classmate Ruby is the rescuer. We are trying to figure out how we should best do the scene. Obviously the compressions shouldn’t be done for real but what would be the best way to simulate them. Secondly with the mouth to mouth, how hard should she blow when giving them. Any advice is appreciated

Hello and welcome to our community!
I have a few ideas but first I need to know a few details:
What gear do you have? A smartphone, a video camera, a DSLR, Mirrorless...?
Do you own a Tripod or a Gimbal?
Who will film the scene? Do you have someone to film it or you have to play in the film and also film it in the same time?
And last but not least...do you have a car that you can use for this scene?

There are so many ways to do this but it depends how many of you are in the filming crew. If it's just you and your buddy Ruby, it's a bit complicated. Maybe you can get a third person to help you out, it would be really helpful.
Try using your smartphone and a Gimbal. Someone from the forums recommended me the DJI Osmo Mobile 2 Gimbal a while ago, it's affordable and really gets the job done. You can also install the gimbal on a tripod.
Also, if you don't have ringlights to help you with the lights, you should use the natural lights. Avoid shooting in the dark or when the Sun is up. Try shooting when the rays of light are soft. In the summer, I usually shoot at 7 PM. We are almost in the winter time now and I don't know the hour at which the light is best but you g et my point. Make the most of what you have.

Hello and welcome to our community!
I have a few ideas but first I need to know a few details:
What gear do you have? A smartphone, a video camera, a DSLR, Mirrorless...?
Do you own a Tripod or a Gimbal?
Who will film the scene? Do you have someone to film it or you have to play in the film and also film it in the same time?
And last but not least...do you have a car that you can use for this scene?
Hi thanks!
To answer the questions. It will be shot on a smartphone (its all I have at the moment)
A third person will be filming the scene.
yes I have a car that could be used. Any ideas would be awesome thank you!

As Amy suggested, the DJI Osmo Mobile 2 Gimbal could help you get stable footage.
As to how to film the actual scene, there are multiple ways to do it.

You could film close ups - you in the car, Ruby running for the car, a close up when he touches the car to get you out, a close up when he gets you out of the car, when he does the mouth to mouth....and maybe show the full picture at the end. You can play with close-ups

Network Sponsors

Back