How do I find filmmakers in my area?

Good day student filmmakers from all over the world!

I am a novice in this industry and I wish to make my first short film. I do not own any professional gear (I have a smartphone) and I do not have any experience. However, I wish to learn as much as I can and follow my passion for filmmaking! It would be very helpful if I could find other filmmakers. I could volunteer and help and I wish to make new friends with the same interests. How should I proceed? Is there a thing such as a filmmaking club? Or a method that I can use to find other filmmakers in my area?

Eventually, if you work in the industry, you meet others. The problem is when you are a newcomer. Use all the tools that the modern society provides: Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, look for Events, look for Film Festivals.

My plan to find other filmmakers in my area was to become a student. Up until now, it worked! I met so many amazing people! I am fortunate because I live in a big city, Berlin. I also joined this forum and I met a few people here as well but they are not from my location.

Network Sponsors

Back