question: where to find filmmakers with similar interest

Abeat

Hi all -

I just moved to new york from columbus. In columbus we had a little fillm group that we shot shoot em up type action shorts. Here is an example of it

http://www.mymoviefest.com/movies/1258.html

now that everyone moved to la and i moved to ny (to work in advertising) I haven't got the opporunity (or where) to gather up people interested anymore. I have a good amount of guns and fake blood and would really like to start filming stuff again .

So my question is where can i find interested action filmmakers in nyc ? are there any forums that nyu or film acedemy go to ?

I can't download your movie

I can't download your movie

I can't download your movie. I tried last night and today. Why didn't you use YouTube or Myspace or something that works. This makes me think you are advertising that site.

LOOKING FOR HIGH SCHOOL FILM MAKING SCHOOL

LOOKING FOR HIGH SCHOOL FILM MAKING SCHOOL

9th grader not in love with high school, but am in love with film making since first grade .... would like to find a high school (or on-line high school course) teaches film making. HELP ! :?: :?:

thanks for replying

I posted the concept shot, I'll post the whole thing on youtube later this week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2qNG3QOTM4

Yes i have a camera, but it's just a normal consumer one , not like a pani 100a or hd
I wasn't trying to find a program/education system but rather the ppl in it.
I was hoping to find some college dps that with experience in lighting and sutff.

I know they are out there in new york but i just don't know how to reach them. either some forum or what not

There are a bunch of film groups on MeetUp.com if you are looking to network or work on no budget projects.

dude, for the record, i'm in NYC, and loved your film. good high quality stuff and the babe was smokin! mc

I`m interested in anything you'll be shooting. I live in NY and have been studying production/directing/cinematography for a while on my own.( no film school) I would love to meet more filmmakers in New York as well.

Network Sponsors

Back