Highlighting Key Points?

S

Spenserk

I'm a high school student who is currently in the process of editing an instructional video and was recently inspired by the 3d effects on MTV's RoomRaiders show.

They'll often take an object of interest and highlight it, seperate it from the background, and outline it. I'm looking to roughly use this same technique to highlight a key point that I'll be addressing and focus on it while bringing it out from the rest of the image. If all else fails, just outlining the subject would be an accomplishment by itself.

I'm currently editing on FCP 4.5 and also have Photoshop 7. If need be, what other software must I aqcuire to accomplish this?

It sounds like you're good to go to me.

Save out a freeze from FCP and you can cut out the foreground object, take the color out of the background...add an outline, whatever you want.

Photoshop has to be the most critical tool for video production that can't load a video clip...

If you can get your hands on it, or on someone good with it... After Effects could really help you out with that...

Photoshop and FCP would work perfectly together, but after effects is a good way to go too!

Best of luck!

Network Sponsors

Back