Hi from Bollywood!!

S

Shazia

Heys guys,

My name is Shazia Malik. I'm originally from Bombay, India but am currently studying filmmaking in Auckland, New Zealand. I'm really keen to find some future work mates in this forum.

Cheers!

Welcome to the forums Shazia,

How's filmmaking in Aukland, New Zealand?
Lord of the Rings is my only frame of reference for New Zealand filmmaking.

It makes me wonder how in the States, most film students are equipped with a camera and a tripod, whereas I'd imagine for New Zealand filmmaking, they'd equip each student with a camera and hang glider to teach them the art of the swooping bird's eye shot as heavily emphasized in LOTR:)

If this is true, I'd definitely like to spend a semester out there...

I'd imagine for New Zealand filmmaking, they'd equip each student with a camera and hang glider to teach them the art of the swooping bird's eye shot as heavily emphasized in LOTR:)

I think you'll find that's because New Zealand has more helicopters per head of population than any other nation :). Or I believe that was true when I visited a few years back.

Yeah, it doesn’t surprise me.
You'd need some type of personal aerial transport system just to get around all that lush landscape and to your destination.
Talk about convenient and economic though. Acquiring aerial footage is just as easy as letting the camera roll while going to and from the set.

:D i wish the give us hang gliders actually. unfortunately filmmaking is done pretty much the way they do it in the rest of the world. but yeah you guys should come out here... its one hell of an experience.

What's the name of the school you're attending?
Do they have a good digital program?

The name of my school is UNITEC... (www.unitec.co.nz).

Ours is mainly a digital program except in the last year when you get to shoot on film.

That's pretty cool, I took a brief look into the site, and it's pretty interesting, it looks like a very disciplined program.
:)
What kind of tools are you using, i.e. cameras lighting, and other production tools etc.?
What kind of applications are you trained on?
Are you using Mac, PC, both?
How many productions are you generally involved in within a semester or year? Are you given the choice to do whatever you want?

Network Sponsors

Back