HELP

I

IUPhilmMaker

I was just hoping someone could tell me how you create title screens on Final Cut Pro HD and also what's the best way to import songs into Final Cut Pro to use in a sequence! Thanks!

Patrick

Title's & Title Screens:

You need to use the title tool... which can be accessed from the viewer window. The drop down box will provide you with titleing style options... select one, create your title... then drag the title, just like video, into your timeline... it can be placed over black... a bg color, or video.

Music:

First... MP3 is the devil... be sure to convert your files first to AIFF format for best operation with FCP.
Best way to do this is to use Itunes to import the song from a CD (burning options set to record in AIFF format)... then use the file menu in FCP & choose Import file... select the song file from your hard drive. FCP will import the file and place it in your bin.

Best of luck!

Derek's right on the title screens, but you can also use photoshop to design custom titles and graphics, each on it's own layer, then import a PSD file into FCP, which preserves the layers. Each layer is now editable and can be animated using keyframes.

just a thought if you're interested in more advanced titles.

-Chris

yet another option for titles is LiveType - a sister program if you will to FCP

Yeah, I was looking at LiveType and while it certainly looks rad, I have no idea how to use it..Also, what if I'm using a computer that's not mine, could I use ITunes to burn a CD of all the songs I want to use and then import them to the hard drive using ITunes and then import them into FCP or can I import the tracks right from the CD to Final Cut Pro, I mean all the songs on my comp. are alreadin AIFF format. Thanks for your help!

Patrick

I just recently got LiveType as well and the project im working on right now calls for alot of intermintent title screens. I really have no idea how to use Live Type either and ive tried playing with it. I just cant figure out how to make my own title sans template. Does anyone know of any good training on this program? online or offline...oh and im based out of nyc.

thanks! :)

Ruthie, if you're willing, come to the New Jersey Final Cut Pro Users Group meeting. you can ask questions of all types, beginner to advanced, and get them answered by professionals who've gone through the same problems. We also have lots of guest speakers and presenters, including reps from Apple, Adobe, and Panasonic. There's always a Q&A, and you can find out a lot about FCP and its sister programs.

The meetings are free, and are held the last Tuesday of every month at OdysseyTek, NJ in Mahwah, NJ at 7PM. People come from PA and Maryland for this meeting! Private Message me if you want the link to the webpage.

I'm friends with the owner of OdysseyTek, and I'm an active member of the group, so you can always come to me if you have questions. I'm at almost every meeting.

As far as your LiveType questions, if you want you can take FCP training at OdysseyTek (which I recommend) and ask your LiveType questions there, or you can do the NJFCP user group thing.

Hope this helps.

-Chris

Network Sponsors

Back