help with Text Effect

E

EE33

Ok I saw this text effect in a game cinematic that i want to create. From World of Warcraft:Burning Crusade (Intro Cine). I'm sure someone has to have seen it, you can watch it at their community site or on youtube, etc.

What they did was that they had there title "blizzard Entertainment Presents" and it had a certain shine to it and this black cloud comes over it, making the text look liked it evaporated almost but I can see the text there in FULL as if it were masked with something to cover portions of it.

I'll try to put some screenshots of it to give you the idea, may be easier if you've seen or check out the video though.

If anyone can help, it would be much apprecaited :wink:

It looks like there are several effects taking place, in two parts of the sequence.

Part 1: the light effect. Here they rendered a spotlight and animated it so that it passes from the top left of the word to the bottom right, with a stop in the middle. In the middle, it looks like some kind of ray effect, probably from an additional plugin. Then the spotlight continues on.

Part 2: Looks like two masks or travelling mattes that pass over the letters in the same direction as the light. The opacity of the masks change over time.

Ah ok, I think I see what your saying. I believe I still have a plug-in to help me with that. I'll make an attempt with the lighting and see how I do.

Thank you very much for your help. 8)

Network Sponsors

Back