hello

MarieThegreat

Well I have finished my first year as film major. I have a short film i want to produce and shoot in the latter part of July. I want to know since it really involves two characters but extras for the beginning the only real location is a fornt porch and a street. I wanted to know what the esitmate would be? I guess 600 but maybe I am wrong. I also wanted to know do I really need a permit and how would I get insurance for this film. Then I need to find people to help me raise the money.

HELP ME

SINCERELY
STRESS OUT FILM STUDENT
:roll:

Hello Marie, and welcome to these forums.

First of all, I would say that the budget you need depends on many factors you don't give us enough elements in your post.

What format do you wish to shoot ? do you own the camera or are lent or plan to rent it ? do you have a cinematographer, and need light or do you plan to do it for no lighting costs ?

About the permit, you should know that since you want to put a camera on sticks in the street, the usual answer is yes, you need one. The costs depends on the city you plan to shoot in, and the street area as well.

About insurance, apart from the camera and other materials you should care that people are insured. Depending on the country/city you plan to shoot, one could help you with a company that could fit. Also, you could post this particular question in the production section in these forums.

Please give us more informations so we can try to help you out.

Regards

Network Sponsors

Back