Hellloooooooo....

Tim Kolb

Wanted: Premiere Pro questions.

My name is Tim Kolb and I use Premiere Pro most every day as well as play a small part in its development, wrote a book, I'm the NAB technical chair for PPro and I have a DVD set out as well.

(...and one of these days I plan on adding "a life" to the list...)

If I can't answer your question, I can probably find somebody who can.

Here's hoping I can be helpful to you.

I don't have any questions, but it's nice to see someone with your level of experience posting here :).

Thanks Mark, though after 20 years at this, learning is something that still takes 20-30% of my professional time.

I think it's one of the things I like best about this line of work.

wow Tim! Its awesome to have you along! I feel like I have a million and one questions for you but as I'm at work right now, I can't seem to think of one of them. But welcome to the forum!! :)

Pd170 pal capture on premiere pro

Pd170 pal capture on premiere pro

Hi Tim, Mi name is Santiago, I´m from Argentina and I´ve just bought a sony DSR-PD170. I´ve tried to capture through premiere pro but it didn´t recognize the camera. Then I went to adobe.com and got really surprised to see that it is not on the list of supported cameras. ¿What am I doing wrong? ¿is there a way to fix this? I think you should know that I´m working on a PC with Windows XP service pack 2 and capturing through studio DV. Please excuse me for my dole english and for this (probably) newbie question.
I´ll be waiting for your answer, Santiago.

I'm sorry Santiago...I've completely missed your post until now.

I suspect the PD-170 should work, you may have to manually assign the camera type in the capture window...device control. I'd simply pick PD-150 as the device and I suspect that PPro will see it.

What is "Studio DV?" I'm wondering if that's the issue. PPro may not see that device if it's in line...it may have little to do with the camera.

Hi, in ragards to this question above, i think it is a clear matter of you capturing in Studio DV. You should just try to capture through PP, it is much easier.

-Stephen
________
ROLL A JOINT

Last edited:

Network Sponsors

Back