Gone - Short Film in HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

samhendi

Hi Guys, thought id post another one of our films up here.
Please take some time to have a look.

Thanks

Available on youtube:

or Vimeo:

Some stills:

9431_504336012262_283100079_147035_.jpg

9431_504336057172_283100079_147042_.jpg

9431_504336112062_283100079_147052_.jpg

9431_504336087112_283100079_147047_.jpg

Gone - Short Film (New Score)

Starring

Rachel Button
Yeukayi Ushe
Emma Barnard
Laura Lloyd
Solomon Israel
Ana Valerio
Amy Gallagher
Abena Bentum
Stephen Adeluku
Leylan Saad
Kate Shaw

Sound and grips by
Shahram Shayesteh

Music by
David Portugheis (myspace.com/davidportugheis)

Edited by
Sam Hendi
Shahram Shayesteh

Produced by
Abena Bentum

Written, Filmed and Directed by
Sam Hendi

Filmed with a Sony HVR-V1E and a Letus35 Extreme using a 28mm and 50mm Nikon Lens.

Also using a pan and tilt head with heavy duty tripod and a Glideshot dolly track.

Edited using Sony Vegas and After Effects CS3.

A great review by 93 Studios:
http://www.ninetythrees.com/screenings/gone/

Gone

I like this one for what it never says.

If that isn’t too cryptic then I’m glad you joined me for this review. Gone is a story of a woman who discovers that the same friends who came out to mourn her sister’s suicide might, in fact, be responsible for it. It’s a story about a diary that tells her the dark secrets that her sister hid away until it was too much to bare. More generally, it’s a story about pain that never gives a single hint as to its source.

That’s the thing about this film, you know that most of the cast are really bad people but you don’t know why. No one really does anything particularly upsetting either, but the implication is that each of them had a hand in the sister’s suicide. It’s dark, confusing and leaves you with more questions than answers. It manages to do all of this while remaining coherent, who can really ask for more?

Creator’s Description
A woman explores her sister’s suicide through the entries in her diary and discovers that her friends might not be who she thought they were.

Ratings

Style 3.5

It’s good but It’s a little uneven, it’s starts out really slowly, ramps up near the middle and then slows right back down again in the third act. (Pacing 3.5)

It leaves unanswered questions without becoming muddled in its own sense of mystery. Overall it’s a well executed drama. (Storytelling 4)

Polish 4

If you really, really need closure this might not be for you, otherwise it is a great watch coming in at just under 10 minutes. (Watchability 4)

Novelty 3.5

Overall Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Last edited:
good watch

good watch

this had some catalyst to it for me. I just had a friend die and there were some mixed emotions in me and others at the funeral and i think this hit on a few of the kinds of feelings that there are. nice short. worth watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Network Sponsors

Back