Fruity Loops or...?

audiostratus

The music I have on my site is written with Fruity Loops 5. I've been looking at getting Finale 2005 because of the scorewriting function. I like Fruity Loops because of the setup and what you can do to alter some sounds and achieve a bit of a concert hall kind of sound or what-have-you.

Fruity Loops also lets me create "hybrid" music (combine classical with ambient or lounge) for my albums, because of the loop-based function.

I thought about Cubase or Giga, but skeptical about the change. Is there any software slightly similar to FL5 that is quite better? I've heard a bit about Pro Tools as well, but again, not sure if any of those are right for what I want to do...

Any suggestions would be HIGHLY appreciated.

hi there,

i recommended that you do some homework on the web as there are turorials, articles, forums that deal specifically with issues regarding audio hardware/software etc etc. that post was deleted because it included a link to another forum which i thought would help you. well... i dont really agree with that manner of hampering the information flow but anyways, you can easily find stuff if you look for it.

my advice to you (and here's me trying to add to the value of this forum as an info resource!) is that you dont need to change to another software program altogether. Fruity Loops can function as a VST plugin. So you can get Cubase or Sonar and then open FL (or Reason) from inside Cubase as if the latter were the host application. This is what I do. I use Cubase for all arrangements etc. Then I open FL from inside Cubase. This way it synch's up to the clock in Cubase and whatever beats/loops i have in FL will follow the tempo/automation/effects that i dedicate to the FL channel in Cubase.

This way you can combine different programs and their virtues so as to heighten the use you get out of them....

hope it helps!

Network Sponsors

Back