Five minute time limit does make it very difficult to show a

G

Gohanto

Five minute time limit does make it very difficult to show a good story in.

Re: Submitting your Film for Spielberg's ON THE LOT

onthelotfans said:
Anyone done or planning on?

I'm not.

I posted this on another forum, but I thought I'd share it here too:

I believe it was Stanley Kubrick who said that making a film is as close to a military operation as you can get. Given that line of thinking, you would want the best people you could possibly have on your side, as a film shoot is pretty far from glamorous or fun. (Anyone that tells you otherwise is lying or hasn't been on a shoot.)

Now, picture yourself competing with other people on a shoot, where everyone's looking to make themselves look good while stabbing everyone else in the back, all for that one shot in Hollywood. Could your team operate at its best when it has several embittered members on it? What if someone else got chosen over YOU? Could (or would) you do your absolute best for that project, even if you thought the guy chosen over you is a talentless hack?

Now, add a film crew videotaping your every move. Conflict sells, so expect your worst moments to be shown on this program. THAT is how viewers will see you. Do you want to be known as the bully? The whiner? The guy everyone (the audience) loves to hate?

The process of making a movie is hard enough as it is, without throwing the element of reality TV into it. Count me out.

(If it makes anyone feel better, think of it as one less for the competition.) :)

Glurrk said:
onthelotfans said:
Anyone done or planning on?

I'm not.

I posted this on another forum, but I thought I'd share it here too:

I believe it was Stanley Kubrick who said that making a film is as close to a military operation as you can get. Given that line of thinking, you would want the best people you could possibly have on your side, as a film shoot is pretty far from glamorous or fun. (Anyone that tells you otherwise is lying or hasn't been on a shoot.)

Now, picture yourself competing with other people on a shoot, where everyone's looking to make themselves look good while stabbing everyone else in the back, all for that one shot in Hollywood. Could your team operate at its best when it has several embittered members on it? What if someone else got chosen over YOU? Could (or would) you do your absolute best for that project, even if you thought the guy chosen over you is a talentless hack?

Now, add a film crew videotaping your every move. Conflict sells, so expect your worst moments to be shown on this program. THAT is how viewers will see you. Do you want to be known as the bully? The whiner? The guy everyone (the audience) loves to hate?

The process of making a movie is hard enough as it is, without throwing the element of reality TV into it. Count me out.

(If it makes anyone feel better, think of it as one less for the competition.) :)

Yeah but you couldn't really ask for better exposure.

you are defenitely right about the exposure, since the competition is killing. I am not sure if I would want to be drain by those tv execs. But then again it could be a big adventure.

Wow - I'd never heard of this show before - thanks for the tip off. Will defiantely submit to it, the opportunity is too good to miss.

They're pulling in filmmakers from all over the planet. Competition is going to be insanely tough - but hell, it's worth a shot!

Network Sponsors

Back