Final Draft 7 compulsory activation

MarkG

Just so you know, since I can't find any mention of it on the web site, whereas Final Draft up to version 6 gave you the option of activating the program or always having the CD in the drive for authentication when you started up, Final Draft 7 _requires_ stupid activation nonsense to run, with all the associated problems if you change PC, have a hard disk crash or forget to deactivate before reinstalling Windows.

If I'd known this I wouldn't have bought it and would have stuck with my old version: so I thought others might like advance warning.

thank you

thank you

Mark, thanks for the heads up. I hate programs like this. there is no way you can download the files off to the hard drive?

BTW, I just thought I'd mention that in three months my laptop has lost its activation twice now for no apparent reason. I start it up, run Final Draft, and it tells me I have to activate... which I can't do since it's also activated on my desktop system and both activations are used up (one for the desktop, one lost by the laptop).

I'm seriously getting fed up with Final Draft after this; I like the software, but the 'activation' is just horrible.

Network Sponsors

Back