Filming a car scene?

oscarknott

So basicly i am making a short film consisting of a people talking in a car, i think the car should be actually moving for realism but the problem with that is it will be difficult to film the actors, how can i film the actors effectivley whilst the car is moving

shooting actors in car

shooting actors in car

The best way is to have tow the car either on a special flatbed trailer or on a A frame. The camera is either on the towing vehicle or on the trailer or mounted to the car (bonnet etc ) . You can prompt the actors by a walkie talkie.

The Actors aren't really driving which is safer and lets helps them concentrate on actiong.

It all depends on your budget and the actual ability of your talents to actually drive. An alternate and cheaper option, if they can drive, is to grip the camera on the hood or the doors, as to get different camera positions, apart from the inside positions you can easily achieve. A limped and different cheap grip tools can do the gig. I suggest you ask a professional grip and a rental house.

you can build a rig for pretty cheap that uses a car dent remover (the type with two suction cups)...search DIY camera rigs and you could find out how to do it. they can hold around 200 lbs. or so so a 8 lb. camcorder won't be a problem at all.

Network Sponsors

Back