Film Festival

• Thread starter Casey McClurken
  • Start date
C

Casey McClurken

No one has any ideas for a film festival??? It could be anything...I'm in a big rut...I honestly can't think of anything!

Film Festival

Yeah...sorry...I wasn't very specific...The thing I'm looking for is a story idea that I could turn into a film...any idea would help...thanks for the reply!

Casey McClurken

so far what have you come up with brainstorming? if you're in a rut, try not to take it too seriously, you could start with writing what you know, get ideas from your interests, your experiences, what you do. in your previous post you mentioned you wanted it to be a little dark... you could write about a fear or fears. there should be a problem, and does the character(s) win or lose in the end?

You're probobly not going to get many responses since most of the people here like to shoot their own ideas, instead of having a stranger shoot them for them. If you have no ideas (which I highly doubt, you just have to think, great ideas don't grow on trees!), read a book about writing short films, watch lots of movies, and ask yourself questions. What do you believe in? Its more meaningful to shoot something that has a personal connection with you than if you just take someone else's idea and make it into a film.

Film Ideas

Film Ideas

The thing is that I'm not gonna be taking their complete idea...I just need something to elaborate on...something to make me think of something of my own...if ya know what I mean!

come up with your own idea

come up with your own idea

You need to use your imagination a bit! If you can't make up or create a story then take a favorite story or scene or character from a book you have read. Also you can do it on an expreience in your own life you had that made an impression on you as interesting or unusual. You might try documenting something. Come on now. Be creative. It will be better if you come up with something pretty much on your own rather than someone telling you what to do it on. I have faith that you can do it.

Kim

Network Sponsors

Back