Female centric short film "cursed beauty" about the dangers of being obsessed about beauty

Swati Panda

The film talks about accepting oneself ! Created as a transcendental cinema with long takes, slow scenes with no cut. The film is not for people who are hardcore regular commercial films lovers. People who love Ozu, Tarkovsky can understand what I am saying. Cinema students who really studied deep might also understand. I didnt do too many quick cuts which is there in todays cinema rather have made the film in a natural way. I just made the film mostly for women to throw the invisible chains around their necks! Even men are also under pressure these days to look good or use latest beauty products. The film will remind us the vulnerable moments we spend in front of the mirror. Totally made the film on my own using Canon M50 15-45 mm lens (a single camera).

Hello @KashishM !
The meaning of this film is very relatable for most people and the message to accept oneself is powerful! The movie speaks without words and is charged with emotion: how she did her make-up, how she tried learning to walk on high-heels and in the end, she was happy with herself.

As a suggestion, I would make it a bit shorter next time, because for some it might be a bit difficult to follow for so long without more action. Maybe next time you do an experimental film with the challenges that men go through? :)

Also, are you the main character of the movie? What camera did you used to film it?

thanks a lot.. I used canon M50. Yes I acted in the film.
You are a very good actor! You should consider an acting career, too :D

Network Sponsors

Back