FCP HD

That's a good question. As far as I know, a lot of high end post houses use FCP, but it's not intended to be on par with an Avid Nitris or other equivalents. I think FCP is really geared toward videographers and other pros who need an inexpensive but robust editing solution not available in Premiere or Vegas (which, BTW, are windows based apps, as opposed to the Apple based FCP). FCP is great, and I love the program, but there are things it cannot do, or cannot do well. BUt It is being used in high-end programs. SEveral Independent films have been cut with it, as have many, many commercials. I see them all the time (I can tell because I see Livetype effects or hear Soundtrack music loops).

-Chris

Don't forget that FCP was also the magic behind Walter Murch editing Cold Mountain... Also don't forget that it was finished & color-timed on a Divinci (spelling?)

I'm sure FCP HD is problematic for many though... because as much as it can handle HD... and it does a great job of it... you're going to find better quality coming out of an Avid...

Network Sponsors

Back