Favorite Actor?

Favorite Actor?

• Val Kilmer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mel Gibson

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
All three of these guys are very talented, but I suspect they're favored more often for their appearance than their acting skill. Don't get me wrong, I've always admired Depp and Kilmer for the challenging roles they take, and Mel Gibson is without question a phenomenal performer. But, there are so many others worth bringing into a discussion based on the merits of their breathtaking performances.

Here’s a list my favored actors…(in no particular order)
Edward Norton, Paul Giamatti, Vincent D Onofrio, Daniel Day-Lewis, Lawrence Fishburn, William H Macy, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Sean Penn, Gary Oldman, Benicio Del Torro, Willam Dafoe, Jude Law, Paul Bettany, Samuel L. Jackson, Russel Crowe, Al Pacino, Dustin Hoffman, Anthony Hopkins, Bob De Niro, the list can go on and on, but I just wanted to point out that there are many other actors worth mentioning.

Depps one of my favorite actors. theres many more i like alot too. but Depp usually has a good eye for what films to act in. most of his films i enjoy. and i agree that he, the other two, and a big amount of people in hollywood get chosen for the roles because of their looks. anyways, some of my other favorites are:

Steve Buscemi
Jack Nicholson
Samuel L. Jackson
Robert DeNiro
Harvey Kietel
Al Pacino
Tim Roth
Dennis Hooper
Klaus Kinski
Gary Oldman
sean Penn
Max Von Sydow
Joe Pesci
Kevin Spacy

Yeah, Tim Roth is a great actor, his performance in The Deceiver, and of course in Tarantino's films were very good.
I also thought he should have received more recognition for his performance in Planet of the Apes, but when an actor is covered in so much make up it's a little problematic to tell if it's really the performer or just their appearance that makes them stand out.

My top 5:

Jim Carrey
Tom Hanks
Tom Cruise
Denzel Washington
John Travolta

There are a lot of great actors though. These are just a few of them.

Network Sponsors

Back