Effective Shots for a Chase Scene

Tyler

Hey everyone,

I'm recently new to the website and I have a quick question. I'm currently in the production of a student film called "Montana" (mystery/horror) and I will soon be shooting a chase scene through a corn field. The scene involves seven kids and a "killer" father. I want to make this scene the most effective in the movie Does anyone have any tips on shot angles or ways I can go about shooting this scene. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. You can send them to Koontz737aol.com. Thanks!

Ty

Hello Tyler... welcome to the boards.

As for advice... I can only give you the following... as I do not wish nor presume to tell you how to shoot your film.

Consider the emotional feeling you want the sceen to have... the perspective from which the story is being told... and the specific feeling of the location you are shooting in.

Combine all of that and then you'll have more of an idea of how you want to shoot the sceen.

Consider how best to highten the emotions, moods & implications you wish to generate. Watch movies in the mystery, horror & mystery/horror genre's... even check out some related genre like suspense & thriller... this will help you understand how other filmmakers have created their scenes and emotions.

Anyhow... good luck & good times.

Network Sponsors

Back