Editing on two vcr's

VCRs? Every time you copy from a VCR to a VCR, you lose something. It is better to digitize it all and edit it on the computer.

All you need to digitize it is get a TV card for your computer, one of those that lets you plug the output of your VCR as an input to the card, and lets you save it all in a file (typically as an MPEG file).

Mine is an old AverTV Studio card, but I am sure they have something much nicer out there by now.

yeah i knew that you could do it own computer , i was just wandering how many other people did it that way whent they were kids.

Well, when I was a kid . . . . the VCR was not invented yet. So my editing consisted of cutting the 8mm film, brushing some liquid acetone-based glue at its end, and pasting it to the other section of the film.

Yep, my fingers were always messy with that acetone thing. It smelled nice, though. Years later I found out some kids actually got addicted to sniffing it, so I am sure glad that did not happen to me!

I've done VTR editing. Not with VCRs but with actually Video Tape Recorders. Tape because its higher end stuff. Yup VTR editing is much like editing with a Steenbeck and film. Just you don't have any loose film lying around. Linear editing is what this kind of editing is called. I did some of that back in College.

So yes, there are some that did tape to tape editing.

And you'd only loose 2 generations if you were good at what you did ;)

Network Sponsors

Back