Do you rent studio space?

MannMade

I am a videographer, not a filmmaker. My product is web video for small businesses, interview videos and product shoots.

I am looking to buy a building (North of Boston) to turn into an office and studio.

The studio is likely to be unused most of the time, so I am asking this group if there is a market for studio rental within the indie world?

I have just begun looking for suitable buildings, but I am inclined to go out into the countryside (maybe as far as southern Hew Hampshire) to get something with a few acres of land as well.

Any comments would be appreciated.

the short answer is yes i do rent studio space for auditions and rehearsals. I live right outside New York City where there are a lot of locations for rent by the hour and, in some cases, by the day. I know that when I'm there, there are always people rehearsing for plays and musicals (Broadway and off-Broadway). There are also some productions that are just in the city for that shoot or something so they'll rent office space for a day/week...

that wasn't that short! I'd just add, and I'm sure you're doing this as a business person, is to see how your local market is. There aren't many places like NYC in terms of number of productions going on....
mc

Network Sponsors

Back