Danbo

Danbo is the name of a new movie that me and the team are going to develop this summer.
its kinda like a Rambo style movie with all kids. now i know the last sentence probly just ruind it all, and uv probly lost aot of interest, but itell you this is no joke. im very experienced in movie directing, camera angles and effects of all sorts. where in the proscess of getting profecinal software and equipment for the movie, and the kids a great actors. ther all my cousins and wev know echother all our lives. with our skills combined together, where going to direct one of the best amateur short films the online media has to offer.

we already have 2 practice trailers for it on youtube. heres the link for the best one so far.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8-Cz5SaH8yM

none if it is actual movie footage, we where just messing around with some music and trying out different camera angles and effects. this video shows the least of our abilities.
in the description it says its the official trailer, but its not. there will be another one, its just going to be releast later on in the summer.

we thought of making a spoof on rambo last year, but things changed, and since last fall til now, we finally found the best ideas to create the ultimate short action film, wev gone through trial an error an practice trailers and everything, and where going to start filming wen school gets out.

THE STORY
its ur basic action adventure movie, Danbo, the main character u see in our practice trailer, is a u.s. navy seal, he embarks on a rescue mission, but things go totally wrong, the the movie soon becomes a thrilling chase with love and revenge. you will experience an action packed hunt with Danbo as he tracks down this unknown terrorist force, in search of their leader, against the u.s. militaries will.
the movie will have 3 parts, a trilogy.
each movie will be 30 mins the most.

if ur interested at all, pleas giv me feed back via email, youtube or what ever.
my email
masterolive@aol.com
my face book
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=729188384
my myspace,
http://www.myspace.com/masterolive
if you have a face book, join our group we just made last month
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=37676670290

When you said spoof, for some reason I was expecting something cute or funny. That was actually quite an interesting trailer. Great choice in music and I only noticed a couple of editing errors.

I'll start by saying I really enjoyed it. I was skeptical because to be honest, I don't actually even like Rambo. So a spoof probably wouldn't be my thing. But I didn't see it as a spoof at all. It looked great as a stand alone trailer.

The two major things that "broke the illusion" for me were the following:

1. in the beginning you framed a nice shot of Danbo walking across a field. It's one of the more zoomed out shots you have. However, the camera doesn't follow any particular action. You shot it hand-held and followed the actor across the grass. Then you pulled it back. Then you followed him again and then you "cut off his legs" with your bottom frame, then you raised the angle. The camera movement looked unintentional and not well planned. Your other footage looks very planned even though it's hand-held so starting on this weak note is something you might want to change.

2. Your fight scenes are great. you hide the action in the cuts and you use quick editing to make it look more dramatic and realistic. however, there is one shot of the actor "kneeing" his enemy. You didn't cut on the action and the audience can easily tell he wasn't kneed hard. But overall, that was a great fighting scene.

I hope this helps!

it does, thanks so much for the feed back, although, that trailer has nothing to do with the actual movie. the only relation between this trailer and the actual movie are the characters. we shot everything in like 3 hors and edited it the next day, if this thread stays up here, il post up the real trailer here that will b actual movie footage, and it will all make sense.

but if this thread dies ill personally send you the trailer in a email, and maybe a sneak preview.

Network Sponsors

Back