Creating a demo reel (directors)

F

fkick

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for creating that first demo reel. I've got material from television, web, and short film clips to combine. Any regulations on length? Suggestions for dialog vs music cues? Thanks.

If you are putting the reel on a dvd I would suggest a 2 min opening with samples of all of your work. Find some origional music and edit to the music, and be creative and different for the reel.

I would also include several samples of your work after the opening sequence. Give two to three minute video of each samples. If you are still not shure, google.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for creating that first demo reel. I've got material from television, web, and short film clips to combine. Any regulations on length? Suggestions for dialog vs music cues? Thanks.
Aahhhh. I remember my first demo reel.
Put your best clips first definitely because they might just turn it off before you even get chance to see the good bits.

Never have a song with proper lyrics and stuff just have a calm instrumental piece as sometimes the directors don't like your music.

Get it out. Just get your work out. It's one thing having a demo reel but a good director uses it and makes sure that it gets recognized.

Network Sponsors

Back