Converting .vob to .mov

W

wes

Hey, not sure where this belongs, please just let me know if it's not in a suitable place.

I have a DVD with .vob files on it that I need to format to .mov or any other format so that I can work with them in iMovie or iDvd. I'm on a mac and most programs I saw were for PCs.. The ones I did find for macs did not work, for various reasons. I don't need to sounds files from these .vob files, just the videos as I am adding sound in seperately.

PLEASE help me and thank you very much.

this forum's fine for this.

I don't know about .mov, but you can try a program called Handbrake (http://handbrake.m0k.org/). that will give you .mp4 files but you might be able to work with thouse. Otherwise, I'm not sure.

cool, thanks.. Handbrake works it just takes like 2-3 hours to make each DVD. I dont' really mind though, as long as it's getting done..

Now, anyone know any good editing programs to use to go through this .mp4 I made and create seperate clips to import into iMovie with?

For instance, I want to open up this file with something which is the whole DVD (its about 45 minutes long) and take small sections of this and export each section as a different file or clip to put into iMovie and piece together a project.

Or if there is another method that is easier, please let me know..

Any programs?

Network Sponsors

Back