Completed my Arthouse fantasy Feature!

Asher Pike here I’m very excited to present WAR OF THE VOID, an Arthouse Fantasy Feature Film. The aim of this film is to motivate those who are depressed and suicidal, by first plunging the viewer into the abyss, and then raising them up to a new world.

In the making for many years, I have tried to use many unique filmmaking techniques. Of which I’d love to know your opinions about in the video comments my friends.

Film techniques:

-The First Live Action Silhouette Feature Film ever made. The last full scale silhouette feature film was named The Adventures of Prince Ahmed, made 95 years ago in 1926 and it was animated. Aside from experimentation, I thought this technique would work well in this abstract world to further the story of the main character who is accused of being a “silhouette” by the Spirit of Darkness. As a note this film for it’s majority is in this style, but isn’t a %100 silhouette, with real backgrounds to support the silhouetted characters.

I would love to know if you think this visual style serves the film well, all honest criticism is greatly appreciated.

-The first “2D Live Action” Feature Film ever made. 2D live action has been used every now and then, sprinkled throughout music videos and some artistic film scenes. Imagine stage plays with standing cutouts of trees and mountains in the background, except change them from painted cutouts to 2D live action photos. Cut out, arranged and stitched together, they can make anything. I had yet to see a full scale feature film / motion picture use this technique for the majority of its runtime, so I thought this would be a good area for experimentation. I would love to know if you think this served the story well and yet again, let the flood gates of criticism / feedback flow, it is very appreciated after all.

I hope these visual styles fought well together. I also think that they both have immense potential to create their own great genres in film, especially for indie filmmakers as these styles were free to create and implement. To me they have always been under-appreciated, almost every inclusion of a silhouette scene in a film resulted in an artistic experience, like in the Deathly Hallows.

Aside from these things I also experimented having an all-song soundtrack from featured Synthwave artists. Which too is rare so I do hope it served the story well. As I have intended these things to do so. The sound of this film after recordings turned out a bit tinny, robotic, sometimes muffled and damp, however then I realised this fits with the story. As reality is dying, including all the senses everything should feel corrupted, that would include sound as well. Although not too much I hope.

I will very much love to know your thoughts on this as this is the start of a 7 film motivational saga which will take a lot of effort to make. Thank you greatly filmmaking friends.

Hey @Goldenmoral cinemas ! I am always happy to see new projects from you!
WAR OF THE VOID sends a very powerful message. I would even read a book with the same name if you would ever get into writing books as well. :)

Hey @Goldenmoral cinemas ! I am always happy to see new projects from you!
WAR OF THE VOID sends a very powerful message. I would even read a book with the same name if you would ever get into writing books as well. :)
Thank you my friend I’m really glad that the message is clear 😁. I hope that it was entertaining for U. Also if u go to the film on YouTube u will see I wrote a origin story for the main character called The Kings World: Son of Tragedy that is in the description, if that’s what you mean XD :). If you have any criticism of the film I’d love to hear it!

Turned 18 today:), fresh out of high school and there’s a chance I’ll be enrolling into a film school down the line. Although I hope I won’t have to. Filmed / edited this film all throughout high school, i hope you enjoy it and all feedback helps to improve. 🔥
Happy Birthday!! I watched some of your previous work as well here on the forums and I have always been impressed by your potential and talent. Even if you go to film school or not, it would be sad if you would let all this talent go to waste. You could try finding an internship in this industry :D

Turned 18 today:), fresh out of high school and there’s a chance I’ll be enrolling into a film school down the line. Although I hope I won’t have to. Filmed / edited this film all throughout high school, i hope you enjoy it and all feedback helps to improve. 🔥
That's the spirit! With this attitude, you can get anywhere you want in life! 🔥 I will watch your movie one more time a bit later and come back with more feedback for you!

Understood! I was asking because it's something completely different than what I've seen from students before.

Happy Birthday!! I watched some of your previous work as well here on the forums and I have always been impressed by your potential and talent. Even if you go to film school or not, it would be sad if you would let all this talent go to waste. You could try finding an internship in this industry :D
I’m glad to hear that! Thanks for the encouragement I greatly appreciate it. And an internship is a great idea, so many pathways aha. Thank you.

That's the spirit! With this attitude, you can get anywhere you want in life! 🔥 I will watch your movie one more time a bit later and come back with more feedback for you!
Thank you friend that is very thoughtful of you. I appreciate the honesty and the encouragement, as the saying goes the greatest achievement of a filmmaker isn’t to make a perfect film, but to perfectly fail at making a film Lmao.

Asher Pike here I’m very excited to present WAR OF THE VOID, an Arthouse Fantasy Feature Film. The aim of this film is to motivate those who are depressed and suicidal, by first plunging the viewer into the abyss, and then raising them up to a new world.

In the making for many years, I have tried to use many unique filmmaking techniques. Of which I’d love to know your opinions about in the video comments my friends.

Film techniques:

-The First Live Action Silhouette Feature Film ever made. The last full scale silhouette feature film was named The Adventures of Prince Ahmed, made 95 years ago in 1926 and it was animated. Aside from experimentation, I thought this technique would work well in this abstract world to further the story of the main character who is accused of being a “silhouette” by the Spirit of Darkness. As a note this film for it’s majority is in this style, but isn’t a %100 silhouette, with real backgrounds to support the silhouetted characters.

I would love to know if you think this visual style serves the film well, all honest criticism is greatly appreciated.

-The first “2D Live Action” Feature Film ever made. 2D live action has been used every now and then, sprinkled throughout music videos and some artistic film scenes. Imagine stage plays with standing cutouts of trees and mountains in the background, except change them from painted cutouts to 2D live action photos. Cut out, arranged and stitched together, they can make anything. I had yet to see a full scale feature film / motion picture use this technique for the majority of its runtime, so I thought this would be a good area for experimentation. I would love to know if you think this served the story well and yet again, let the flood gates of criticism / feedback flow, it is very appreciated after all.

I hope these visual styles fought well together. I also think that they both have immense potential to create their own great genres in film, especially for indie filmmakers as these styles were free to create and implement. To me they have always been under-appreciated, almost every inclusion of a silhouette scene in a film resulted in an artistic experience, like in the Deathly Hallows.

Aside from these things I also experimented having an all-song soundtrack from featured Synthwave artists. Which too is rare so I do hope it served the story well. As I have intended these things to do so. The sound of this film after recordings turned out a bit tinny, robotic, sometimes muffled and damp, however then I realised this fits with the story. As reality is dying, including all the senses everything should feel corrupted, that would include sound as well. Although not too much I hope.

I will very much love to know your thoughts on this as this is the start of a 7 film motivational saga which will take a lot of effort to make. Thank you greatly filmmaking friends.

I have a few questions.
Is the video footage and music recorded by you, or you found it somewhere and use it for the final edit?

As for the story, you have a rich imagination. It gives me the 80's vibes to be honest.

I think this is a compliment 😁 Excited to hear your thoughts and criticisms friend.
It is a compliment 😁 The next step is to level up - involve actors (you can get students to work with you for free), involve wanabe voice actors and camera people to create a live movie. This can get you into festivals and even win prizes. You just need a good team to help you out - the team could be your friends or people who just want to get involved for fun and free food 😁

I have a few questions.
Is the video footage and music recorded by you, or you found it somewhere and use it for the final edit?

As for the story, you have a rich imagination. It gives me the 80's vibes to be honest.
Hi, thank you for taking the time to ask these questions :).
I thank you for the compliment and yes the 80’s vibe is what was intended.
‘All the visuals you see were all filmed on my Lumix G7 camera, which was sacrificed in the filming of it all, with some small exceptions of drawings and 3D objects. The songs are from artists which are featured in the film :). One of the musical tracks I did compose called Soulors theme. Which plays a few times throughout. I hope you think these visuals are well made my friend and I’m glad you thought the story is rich.

Hallo! First, I hope you had a great Birthday day yesterday!
Second, you have a lot of potential.
Third, as Istvan said, your next logical step is to find your crew and take it all to the next level. Good luck! 🍀🍀

It is a compliment 😁 The next step is to level up - involve actors (you can get students to work with you for free), involve wanabe voice actors and camera people to create a live movie. This can get you into festivals and even win prizes. You just need a good team to help you out - the team could be your friends or people who just want to get involved for fun and free food 😁
Thank for the courage and motivation really. The next project I’m making will be even bigger, it is going to be The Silmarillion full movie. If you have heard of the Silmarillion then u will know what I’m talking about 😁

Hi, thank you for taking the time to ask these questions :).
I thank you for the compliment and yes the 80’s vibe is what was intended.
‘All the visuals you see were all filmed on my Lumix G7 camera, which was sacrificed in the filming of it all, with some small exceptions of drawings and 3D objects. The songs are from artists which are featured in the film :). One of the musical tracks I did compose called Soulors theme. Which plays a few times throughout. I hope you think these visuals are well made my friend and I’m glad you thought the story is rich.
So all visuals are entirely your creation. Impressive.

Network Sponsors

Back