Color Correction

E

element80

When color correcting in AE, can you make different corrections to different scenes within one video file, or do you need to import each scene separately? How do fades affect separate corrections?

Re: Color Correction

element80 said:
When color correcting in AE, can you make different corrections to different scenes within one video file, or do you need to import each scene separately? How do fades affect separate corrections?

First thing that comes to mind: you enable the 100% changes only in the timing you want (using keyframes) but that's boring and you can easily go wrong. Don't know if there's any better method.

Otherwise, I would try to do that with Premiere. If you use non-included plug-ins it can be hard (you have to install them)... Don't know, but definetely interested in this topic.

So what you're saying is I can set keyframes at the beginning of each scene, and only have it apply to that scene? If I ahve a dissolve, can I put keyframs in there, too, and have the correction fade out with the picture? I edit in final cut, which doesn't have much in therms of color/exposure correction, and am looking for something that gives me more control.

I know, I worked on that too and there are tools on AE that works much better. Actually the fade can be a problem if you don't set the keyframes correctly...

get the adobe ProductionPremium will be help
you can link the ae and pr
but that's cost too much, we students can't afford it

my way

get the footage

put it in the time line

you can control the layer's time

mix different layer head by tail

do the transition by keyframe

I've found the best way for colour correcting in AE is to use split layer (Shift+D+(ctrl or apple)) cut the movie up rather than using keyframes.

Using Page Up and Page Down to scroll through and find the end of each scene that needs to be colour corrected differently and splitting it.

Network Sponsors

Back