CloverField Movie? http://www.cloverfieldmovie.com/

Kim Welch

Staff member
Has anyone seen CloverField Movie? http://www.cloverfieldmovie.com/

It was pretty wild. The camera was all over the place. It was a little to much for me but overall it was great entertainment. I heard that you can see the thing coming in the end in the background. Anyway. Let me know what you think about this kind of all over the place camera movement. Did it give you a headache?

Kim

Interesting movie, s you said the camera jerking was annoying but I could put up with it. The ending was a bit of a let out though imho. Overall 7/10.

It basically felt like the modern equivalent of Jaws, a monster movie with less focus on the monster than the actual people involved.

I thought the camera work was great, took me a good 10 minutes to get used to it because at first I just couldn't focus, but I thought it was pretty good, although, as with everything, it doesn't live up with the hype. Maybe because the cinema I saw it at claimed it was a "Sci-Fi Action Thriller".... Action.. Maybe, but it seemed to be advertised wrong when all the focus is put on the monster.

Over Geeked

Over Geeked

It was entertaining but over geeked and to much bouncing around. Even just a little less bouncing. Or even a shot or two that was done outside of the make believe of the guy caring aroud a camcorder.

It was ok but it sure did not bring me to tears or move me in anyway. It did not really scare me. i would give it a 3 on a one to 10 scale of scarey. To many goofey parts. Acting was not believable enough for me. Someone in the audience said that was crap after it was over in the theater I went to. There was a critic that said that any movie with the statue of liberty head bouncing down the street guarantees it will be a success at the box office.

I, personally, am tired of the gimmick film. Wasn't this move Godzilla from a different perspective or something. The only thing I liked was how the tape cut to something else at the end, however hokey, because to me it was a recycled tape that he taped over...

Viva Reused Tapes!!!!!!!!!!

- the bad Psied!

how much did it cost to make

how much did it cost to make

i wonder how much it cost to make that movie. it was a huge success money wise i believe.

saw the film. I saw trailer quite a while ago, i though it was going to be stupid and have no real story to it and i must say i was not displeased.
the film did very well at the box office, exceeding it's costs greatly - a feat not often seen whilst still in theatres. the film itself was also very good - the shakey camera technique was different and refreshing in a sense and i applaud the experimenting.
as far as it's effect on the viewer - DO NOT GO SEE THIS MOVIE WHEN YOU ARE:
a. feeling sickly
b. hungry
c. have a headache
d. eyes are hurting
e. any combo of the above
i went to see it when i had a great headache and was quite hungry - the movie didn't make it any better. but besides that fact, it was a very good film and i would see it again and buy it on DVD.

The trailer made me want to barf; so I have precisely zero interest in seeing the movie.

Well I just went to see it and I really enjoyed it. I have always been a person who ignores the critics and made my own mind up. There have been a lot of comments going around that put you off seeing it the main ones are

1. Its very confusing you don't know what is going on

2. You don't actually see what is attacking the city

3. The camera shakes too much.

Well after watching it I have no idea where these comments are coming from because

1. It is not confusing A big godzilla type beast that spits out mini beasts wanders around the city destroying buildings and the people are forced to evacuate. There is nothing confusing about that, so people must be really dumb not to get the film.

2. Whoever said you don't see the monster must be blind or wasn't watching the film, You see exactly what it is and even get a perfect face shot of the beast. You do have to watch closely because the views change pretty quickly and sometimes the beast is obscured by buildings, camera shake or explosions, but you do see exactly what it looks like

3. Yes the camera does shake because -Gasp- Its filmed on a hand held camcorder and is shown as a first person perspective and when you are running down a street to evade tons of debris moving at 200 mph or are about to be stamped on by a 120 foot beast you are not going to be exactly mr steadycam.

I really did enjoy it and the end left it open for another film. I thought the acting on the helicopter when it started to go down was perfect. you could feel their fear as they screamed and shouted "oh god, oh god" that was very convincing. I was very impressed with the motion tracking work that went into this, because there are a lot of explosions, cgi and stuff on screen when the camera is shaking all over the place.

Network Sponsors

Back