Choices

DannyG

Writer/Director Patrick Read Johnson (writer of Dragonheart) is filming a movie entitled 5-25-77 in the area because this is where he grew up and the movie is about his coming of age on the day Star Wars opened in 1977, hence the title. This project sounds insanely cool and especially since I am a huge star wars fan. Thing is they held auditions for parts on August 6th when I was in L.A. How completely ironic is that? But anyway, I managed to get ahold of someone in production and was given the number to call for inquiring about work in the film, even as a P.A. The problem is I got the number about 2 weeks after I committed myself as a paid assistant cross country coach at my former High School and I'm almost positive the shooting will occur during the middle of the season. I would drop my current classes and quit my day job in an instant, but the thing is I owe my time to this team, which has done alot for me in my life and it would be pretty bad of me to turn my back on them at this stage. The question I have is: Would it be bad to call the prod. office for information knowing there is a good chance I won't be able to take a job anyway, just to find out a little more? verify the shooting dates? see if maybe there IS something I can do? Or would the production office highly frown upon that gesture? Thanks much for any input you guys have.

I think you defenetly should try ! If you don't, you'll never know what you've missed. Productions are used to it, and if you present yourself nicely, if ever they need someone, you might be the one. I think you should have a little Curricululm vitae with your mobile phone number on it and a picture of you then go there, meet the people like 2nd assistant and leave them your cv. If you show you're motivated, avaiable, nice and discreet, you might get a job. If you have a car, a still digital camera and they are on searching locations sets, you can get a job...

Network Sponsors

Back