cgi / motion tracking ?

D

DonPatricio

Hey guys,
I think that i know the principles of tracking. For example if I have a piece of footage of my room and during post production I want a cup standing on my desk I can pretty much do that later on with "pftrack and 3ds max".
However what do I have to do if I want to insert a MOVING 3d model into my footage after filming. How does that work? Programs? ..

If anybody saw "Transformers or maybe Harry Potter" you guys might know what I'm talking about ..

Thank You.
Patrick

Last edited:
Motion Tracking

Motion Tracking

That's a good question. There are quite a few motion tracking software that can analyze the film clip and compute the actual movement of the original camera in 3D space. Once you have the camera-movement data, you can use it in your production work. If you're inserting a digital object into the live action sequence, you can use the camera data to drive the movement of your CG camera. If you're planning to insert another live character into the live action sequence (which is much more complicated), you need to use a motion-control camera and drive its movement with the original camera-movement data.

Network Sponsors

Back