cars

Lazlo

I'm shooting a senior thesis project, and there is a dialogue scene in a moving car at night. This is basically a very low budget film, although since it's associated with a college, I can get quite a bit of decent equipment for free. I know this has been discussed before, but not on this kind of budget. How do you recommend shooting and lighting the scene without the means of any special car rig??

Thanks. It's a dilema.

You didn't say what format you were shooting in.

In terms of lighting, I'd drive through the brightest streets in town with lots of store lights on, and just use a Kino MiniFlo or something for the interior, plus fast film and fast lenses. I've even just bounced a flashlight off of the roof interior, or used a battery-powered mini flo that I got in a drugstore.

We'd be shooting on HDV hopefully, they can't afford to rent an HVX200, but looking into the canon XH-A1 or possibly getting the school to pay for it. The school has Sony PD-170's. That was some really good advice about lighting. Also I'm concerned though about how to get the necessary shots in the confined space. Thanks.

Network Sponsors

Back