Capturing problem! PLEASE HELP

sheeps

Whenever I capture from my camera (Panasonic NV- DS5) in every program (Premiere, VLC, Mplayer) except windows media player and movie maker (when it doesn't crash) the image comes up like this

capturingerrorgj5.jpg

I'm running Vista, and I'm capturing with firewire. It looks fine in windows media player but in everything else it looks horrible, which is really annoying because I need to edit it. I think I might be able to use windows import to import as a WMV but I don't really want to do that.

Well, try a few things to narrow it down.

I was going to say that it looks like there's a problem with the tape, but you say it looks fine in WMP and WMM. A disclaimer though: Vista is known for having problems and bugs with lots of devices and programs, so be aware of that. Also, Many of those programs you listed, including Premiere, might not be compatible with Vista yet.

There are a few things that it may be, so start at the beginning.

1) Try capturing the tape from a different camera or playback deck. If that fails:
2) Try a different firewire cable.
3) Try a different firewire port on the computer.

If none of those seem to work, check the computer.

4) In the Device manager, Check to make sure there are no problems with the Firewire (IEEE 1394) drivers and that the device is working properly.

There are other things you can do, but I'd check the compatibility of the programs you're using. WMP and WMM will of course work fine because they're M$ products.

Good luck, let us know what you find.

Network Sponsors

Back