Can Premiere be used for editing Films at 24fps

Re: Can Premiere be used for editing Films at 24fps

mankind20in said:
I would like to know if Adobe Premiere can be used for editing Films. I find it more user friendly that Avid and FCP.

Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 and 2.0 can edit 24FPS from Panasonic DVX100, plus they have the HDV codecs now too.

Re: Can Premiere be used for editing Films at 24fps

mankind20in said:
I would like to know if Adobe Premiere can be used for editing Films. I find it more user friendly that Avid and FCP.

You really find Premiere Pro more user friendly than FCP? That's hard for me to believe. But that's just my opinion.

To answer your question, yes, Premiere does 24p timelines for video. In fact, I believe there's an actual template that says "24p for Panasonic" or something to that effect, referring to the Panasonic DVX100.

I find FCP and Premiere Pro to be pretty similar actually.

Other than a few areas where one has an advantage over the other (advantage goes both ways depending on what you're focusing on...), I find them to edit in a similar manner.

Tim Kolb said:
I find FCP and Premiere Pro to be pretty similar actually.

Other than a few areas where one has an advantage over the other (advantage goes both ways depending on what you're focusing on...), I find them to edit in a similar manner.

YEah, definitely, they have many similarities. I just find FCPs interface more comfortable.

I think many people who have strong preferences on what software they prefer make their decisions based on what interface they're comfortable with...I certainly do.

The point at which the conversation gets absurd is when those users categorize their preferences as everyone's preferences and therefore state their choice as obviously superior. (I am not referring to you, Filmosity).

Almost every NLE I sit down with has SOMETHING it can do that PPro can't...or at least that PPro does with significant extra effort. PPro just makes sense to me so I use it.

Nothing wrong with FCP either...

Tim Kolb said:
I think many people who have strong preferences on what software they prefer make their decisions based on what interface they're comfortable with...I certainly do.

The point at which the conversation gets absurd is when those users categorize their preferences as everyone's preferences and therefore state their choice as obviously superior. (I am not referring to you, Filmosity).

Almost every NLE I sit down with has SOMETHING it can do that PPro can't...or at least that PPro does with significant extra effort. PPro just makes sense to me so I use it.

Nothing wrong with FCP either...

Completely agree.

For instance, I am not a fan AT ALL of Avid, but the people I work with swear by it. It's not a horrible NLE by any stretch, and has some great features. I just don't feel comfortable with the interface.

When it comes down to it, all NLEs do the same thing. Edit.

Network Sponsors

Back