Camera Rental

johnrev

Can anyone give me a basic idea of how much it costs to rent a top of the line digital camera... like, 100% top of the line?

I might be wrong but i think the Sony 950 the last time I looked was something like 1000 to 1500. if I am right the viper and other top digital cameras are in the same range. I might be wrong. I looked at rates about 2 years ago and i really don't remember exactly anything but I do remember that it was all the other things you need to outfit the camera that added up. tripods, lenses, filters, monitors and other things you will want.

Yes

Yes

Just do searches for camera rentals in your area and or open your phone book and look up video camera rental houses in your area. Where do you live? Anyway, call them and ask them what a camera rental would be. they might even have rates online. you should be able to do this on your own if you are serious.

Re: Yes

Re: Yes

KimWelch said:
Just do searches for camera rentals in your area and or open your phone book and look up video camera rental houses in your area. Where do you live? Anyway, call them and ask them what a camera rental would be. they might even have rates online. you should be able to do this on your own if you are serious.

I mean... I'm serious in the sense that at some point in the next few years I would like to create film/video on a professional/semi-professional level, but at this point in time I am just kinda trying to get a feel for everything that is involved.

And... I am in Ohio. I am not looking for exact figures, just a basic idea of how much people would charge for select periods of time.

There's a place in Philly that charges 500-600 for high end cameras (Beta SP, DVCPro, etc), and 200-300 for miniDV cameras.

Fletcher in Chicago lists $1100/day for a Sony F900 package, $800/day for a Varicam (the rates have dropped over the years because I used to see at other places $1500/day for an F900 and $1000/day for a Varicam):

See:
http://www.fletch.com/rental/hdcamerarental.html

Remember that this does not include an HD zoom lens, some of which are not cheap to rent...

Network Sponsors

Back