Camera Motor?

JZASMM

Hey Mr. Mullen,

I have a K-3 16mm camera. It's a windup, and I was just wondering if you knew if and where I could get a motor for this camera so I wasn't restricted by the 25 second shooting time.

Thanks,
Jacob

What happened to my long post that I wrote before?

I don't have the link with me at the office, but there's a Danish company coming out with an ingenious motor for the K-3. It's $500, very small, and a pretty simple mod to make. Requires losing the film loops.

Believe it or not, it's USB, and what you do is go to their web site to trigger it to 24 or 25, or other speeds. A little bit of a problem if you use those off-speeds a lot, but most people don't. Plus, with wi-fi connections these days, not much of a big deal.

They started shipping units to some guinea pigs, but it's a matter of any day now when they'll start taking orders.

I'll be pulling the trigger on one as my Christmas gift to me, but I have a feeling it's still going to be pretty noisy, because you're still working with the same gears.

When I get home tonight, I'll post the link. I tried to do a search but didn't find it.

Okay--now I know what happened to my other post.

This question was also asked in Camera Talk.

Ladies and gentlemen, whatever you do, don't get old if you can help it.

Network Sponsors

Back