Camcorder without microphone input,....sound quality concern

• Thread starter getmorefromlife
  • Start date
G

getmorefromlife

Hi,
I am simon and I have a question about that what should i use for my camcorder in which there is no input for microphone. I want good sound quality when I am shooting or filming a scene? any clues or ideas please..........?

Hi Simon:
I'm surprised that your camcorder does not have an input for an external mic. You're right in that you will get much better audio if you don't have to rely on the camcorder's built-in microphone.

That said, I've gotten very good results with an on-camera mic, but I was usually narrating as I filmed, so I was close to the mic all the time.

Also, the quality of the camera and its microphone make a big difference.

If you're shooting sync sound, you don't have too many options. The built-in mic or and auxiliary recorder. For the latter, I'd suggest a low-cost digital recorder. It's more likely to maintain sync for shorter takes. Use a clapper or similar device at the head and tail of each take. If you're using a non-linear editing system, you can easily match up the good sound with the camcorder sound.

And always use the best mic you can afford. Keep the mic close to the subject. Watch out for extraneous sounds--the refrigerator, airplanes, birds and crickets.

Good luck.

Check Software

Check Software

Would also make sure your check software and see if one input or output can be used for something else. Came across a camera a few day ago that used it's AV out for headphones out as well. Needed to make change in software for it to work.

Do you mean there's no input for an xlr? Is there a mini-plug? If there is just get a mini-plug mics or xlr to mini adapter.

Network Sponsors

Back