Blending picture in picture

K

kodeman

Hi there all, i am using Adobe premiere 6.5... and i need info on how to put a picture in picture, and then blend them seemlessly....hope someone catches my drift? and can help.... thanks.

william

Well, if I knew Premiere... I'd be happy to help...
however, I'm not a fan of the program, and have very little experience with it.

Perhaps you could clarify your question... provide more specific's... then perhaps another person on the boards who knows premiere can help you out!

Best of luck!

Derek, what is you dislike about premiere?

I hear everyone say that its not professional grade stuff, but why is it a "bad" program? Someone even told me that adobe plans to cut their video line? is this true? Because at the Adobe Roadshow I was impressed with all their stuff...and I won those free training DVDs! I gotta use em! :D

Adobe have stopped developing Premiere for Macs, since they can't compete with FCP, but it's not a bad program... I've cut a lot of movies on Premiere, including one feature-length DV movie and several half-hour or hour-long documentaries and dramas.

I'm not sure how to do picture-in-picture though, since my editing card came with a special effects filter to do it... I've never tried to do picture-in-picture using built-in Premiere effects.

picture in picture

picture in picture

To further clarify my problem, lets say for example i have a person singing in the main part of the first track in the video editing suite..... then i need to put another video clip...say in the right hand corner of the same person singing in snyc but with a different camera angle... this i can do...but my problem is blending the right hand picture video clip into the main picture video, without the right hand picture video clip border showing... how is this acheived...or what video effect is used... your help
thanks.

PS.

I have a video clip that clearly shows the effect i am trying to acheive, i can send to someone...to further clarify my problem...

thanks william.

It's not that Premiere is a poor quality program... however, it does have serious operational problems.

Adobe, including their after effects program and photoshop... by far their best programs... and I really can't argue the quality of those programs... but all of their programs are RAM hogs... especially concerning Premiere.

When it comes down to it... premiere is a great program for the price... and I can't argue the benefits of a semi-pro editing platform. But at the same time... an Avid system on your PC for the same price will give you much more bang for your buck... and on a Mac, it's FCP.

Lots of people love Premiere... but until they fix their programming issues, they're not going to accomplish anything except more of the same.

As for the blending issue...
Look into cropping the edges slightly... and feathering them.
However... the best way to accomplish this is to merge the images in production... matching one portion of an image to a portion of the other... so that you can blend them seemlessly...
Also, make sure the lighting & color conditions are the same.

Anyhow...
Good luck with Premiere... & good luck with the blend.

P.S. Look into the AVID forum for a full explanation of my personal dislikes when it comes to Premiere.

I use Premiere Pro and love it. I have cut about ten projects on it and have had little to no problems. I'm not quite sure how close the programs are to eachother, but in Premiere pro, if you lower the Opacity, it will make a nice blend with two clips. The clips might not be quite as FULL as if you just had one clip, but it does make a nice smooth looking picture.
Hope it helps.
________
red headed Webcam

Last edited:

Network Sponsors

Back