Best Low-end HD camera?

H

hiproductions

I am looking to upgrade a few cameras and I would like to enter the HD fray if economically possible. Any suggestions for "real" HD cameras that are under $10000? or am I still dreaming? Thanks for your help.

Panasonic HD

Panasonic HD

I think JVC has a low cost HD camera. I think you are dreaming though as far as the quality HD cameras go. You are looking at between 30k and 80k I think. I think the Panasonic VariCam is maybe 60 to 80K with lenses. I like the Panasonic HD and if I was to buy one today that would be the one I would get for many reasons.

http://www.studentfilmmakersforums.com/news/article_126.shtml

I had got to see a demo at the Cinefest workshop I attended in Denver with the Bob Primes, ASC as the instructor. I was a Sony guy before but Panasonic won me over with the VariCam and the presentation was excellent in regards to examples and the support and technical expertise the representatives from Panasonic had. I feel that if I bought it I would be getting solid support from the Manufacter on down.

Truly
Kim

Yeah, AFAIK the only choices at the moment are the JVC camera and the new Sony, both in HDV (though the JVC only records 720 lines, not 1080). Neither are 'real' HD in the sense of recording HD video with low compression, but may be good enough for low-budget shoots.

Lease

Lease

I would go to a Video Rental company and ask them about the cameras and then rent the one I am interested in and take it out for a test drive if I were you. They rent out the low end and the high end cameras these days. i know you can get the DVX100 for two or three hundred for 32 hours I am pretty sure.

Kim

Network Sponsors

Back