Best Indie digital camera

I love the Sony Camcorders as well... I was even asked if I worked for Sony.. lol

I must admit that I have seen the GL2 and the XL-1S used and the quality astounds me. Maybe this is because I haven't used any 3CCD camera yet, but I still love it. Canon has a reputation for having GREAT quality cameras and lenses. The only reason I have a thing against Canon is their repair rep, and my own personal dealings with repairs and such.

I love Sony products, but I don't shut out all of the others... that just isn't a way to compare and contrast. You have to use the other products before you can say one is better than the other.

As I stated earllier, I prefer the Sony. The others make a good product also. I can only speak from my own personal experience and I stand behind my infield evaluation of the Sony vs. JVC, Panasonic, etc. I am speaking of 3 chip cameras in the $3,000 to $4,000 range only. Using the same tape and same monitors, it was our conclusion that the Sony PD170 had the best picture quality and ease in using.

I'll wait for a consumer report on high-end camcorders. THey tend to do some good tests to figure out the best of the best.

Network Sponsors

Back