Awake - Short Film

Status
Not open for further replies.

JFighterPilots

So for the last couple of months we’ve been working on what I consider our first serious attempt at a short with a little more substance. The concept for the film all came from personal experiences as a result of suffering from pretty severe insomnia for the last five years.

Comments and criticism welcome, and thanks for watching.

A few dolly shits would have been nice at some parts, but I really like the lighting and flat tone of the image. It really puts you in the mood of the film. Some of the things I would nit pick - watch your sound. When you change scene, the sound gets noisy/grainy all of a sudden. A fade would do it no harm.

Apart from that, great work.

So for the last couple of months we’ve been working on what I consider our first serious attempt at a short with a little more substance. The concept for the film all came from personal experiences as a result of suffering from pretty severe insomnia for the last five years.

Comments and criticism welcome, and thanks for watching.

'Dolly shits'...what's that?

I liked this little film :)

I liked your choice of discordant violin and few other sounds and voices.

You really did bring the viewer very close to your actor's personal dilemma.

A strong sense of empathy and a desire to resolve the actor's cyclic trauma was the disturbing end result.

I didn't feel any inconsistency of sound at scene changes was unsavory, in fact...I think it might have been a positive contributing factor to the unsavory state of mind the actor was unfortunately consumed by.

I would have even included the sound of nails scratching a chalkboard just to express the frustration and inner torment caused by the ongoing sleeplessness.

Yes, this film was very, well done and...in black and white, too.

The lack of color helped the viewer to focus on the psychological situation at hand considering the viewer had only the title and a few words prompting awareness of the problem.

Watching this a second time, I realized this film did have color.

I guess the solemn situation made me think in black and white.

Ooooops!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Network Sponsors

Back