Aren't we filmmakers?

pharpsied

Aren't we filmmakers?

Isn't directing a very important part of the process...

God forbid that everyone knows everything there is to know about being creative... Look, revitalize this Forum or pay the price of arrogance. Here is a starter- I am trying to work out how to shoot an authentic police interrogation without a station, uniforms, guns, or any cooperation from local or state law enforcement. What would you do?

the east Psied

honestly cut the scene. Or find a way to make the plot work with the idea in the scene with a different scene.

Watch an episode of the First 48 on A&E. The homicide detectives usually wear nicer clothing and ties and talk in a conference room with a camera from the ceiling into the observation room.

No offense esp4ever, but we have seen that room so many times, it is expected. Lets try to set it in a surprising location.

It could even surprise the interrogation subject if, for example, it took place in the hallway on the way to the interrogation room. Or maybe they stop the elevator on the way to the room and conduct the "interview" there. Or take the guy out in the alley.

Just a few thought go get things rolling in this topic.

Re: Why has this died?

Re: Why has this died?

pharpsied said:
Aren't we filmmakers?

Isn't directing a very important part of the process...

God forbid that everyone knows everything there is to know about being creative... Look, revitalize this Forum or pay the price of arrogance. Here is a starter- I am trying to work out how to shoot an authentic police interrogation without a station, uniforms, guns, or any cooperation from local or state law enforcement. What would you do?

the east Psied

Think of your way, a creative way.

when i shot a seen like that we used a cheap airsoft gun and shot it in my garage. it didn't really look like a regular interrogation, but that was kind of what we were going for.

Considering the miranda rights given, you don't even need an interrogation scene, there could just be a moment where the suspect is pushed to give the same information you have written in the story

Clean room with a simple looking desk in the middle few simple chairs cops should look like undercover ones, suit pants/slacks long sleve shirts(blue/white/light yellow) cops can have pistols in their holsters and handcuff on their belts. Well lit room, High angle shoot from the ceiling either from the corner of the room or top are usually the way a lot of them are being shot.(the real interrogations) this could be a nice wide beginning shot for the scene. maybe something like this room below..

http://www.iliketotellstories.com/uploaded_images/kansas_2-786370.jpg

These are all awesome ideas; keep them coming.

Some background... The interrogation is between cops; it's an internal affairs investigation into various charges leveled against two "unorthodox" cops...

the forgotten psied

Network Sponsors

Back