Anyone want to go through the steps of FC

jrod81

Hey guys,
I have been using Avid Editting at school but bought a MacBook Pro yesterday that has Final Cut installed. I was wondering if anyone wanted to make a step by step process of "how to" for new final cut users. If someone can start with 1. plug firewire from camera to computer... and then go thru the steps as far as possible that would be awesome, but understandably very time consuming.
a hopeful thanks
jared

turkeyjerky (nice name BTW) is right, what you are asking for way more than can or needs to be covered in a forum post. IF you are an Avid editor you can learn it pretty easily, just dig in. If you don't have the manuals then the help menu has them all if installed.

One of the best net resources is http://kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/fcp_homepage_index.html

Also check out the book Final Cut Pro for Avid Editors. Amazon it (if it's available) as it's a great resource.

google tutorials

google tutorials

heres an idea... just google 'final cut pro tutorial'
also creativecow.net has a FCP podcast that covers
a lot of very basic topics. Apple also has some very
basic as well as more advance tutorials.

good luck

The "Apple Pro Training Series" is the best way to learn Apple's Pro Apps right the first time. Nothing comes close to teaching you to use it "correctly" the first time as this library.

I'd have to agree with BenB. If you're serious about becoming an FCP editor, you should at least take the basic FCP class.

You don't even need to take the class, just get the book and do it cover to cover. You'll be amazed. DVD has all the project files for you to follow along. Each chapter is a lesson ranging from 30 minutes to about an hour. Just set aside two or three evening after work every week, put aside the time, do a chapter. Before you know it, you'll be so up to speed it won't be funny. You absolutly will head and shoulders above so many other users who ignore this invaluable resource. It's the book the End User certification tests are taken from.

Ben, I'm very interested in becoming Apple Pro Certified on FCP and eventually all of FCStudio once I make the upgrade. You mentioned that the final examinations are taken off the of book. What level of training book would I need to work through to be adequately prepared for the pro certification test?

The "Apple Pro Training Series" books are the course ware for the class and tests. You have to become a certified end user for whatever you want to become a trainer for, first. Apple just revamped the whole training program pretty well, so wait a month or two for all the materials to come on line. All the info is on Apple's site. Get the Final Cut Pro 6 book, do it cover to cover, TWICE. If you can take the certification class, it's very worth while. And check with Apple, as everything is being changed up at this point in time.

Network Sponsors

Back