Allocating disk space massive pause!!

A

ape100

Hi I am new to final cut and i am having a massive problem with capturing. Once i have started the tape i press capture and there is a massive delay on the capture screen saying allocating disk space. i have changed the settings on my scratch disk to my external drive. Can anyone help?
Elliot

Disc Space

Disc Space

Not all external drives are compatible with FCP. Using an internal drive is preferable. I would check this first. If you must use an external, look into G-Raid (G-Technology) drives. I am using them and have had no problems. JT

could be your scratch disk is too full. What version of FCP are you using, and how much free space is left on your internal secondary drive?

sounds like what mine used ot do the fist time i tried to use a USB external drive. both usb and usb2 are not fast enough to handle any decent format. not even DV.

alot of people dont know how to reset perimeter ram on the mac. this usally fixes any sort of wierd behavior on a mac.

just power down, and hold down the apple, option, p & r keys while powering up and wait for the second gong and release.

good luck

Actually, since Mac's went UNIX, the PRAM reset is pretty much useless.

Network Sponsors

Back