Advice to start a Film Club

Junior4565

Hey I need some advice to start a film club at school but the thing is I don't know what I need except a camera, boomstick, editing software and sound/lighting equipment

P.S. and also which is a good editing program for beginners I was thinking about Sony Vegas because people talk about that a lot but I'm not sure

The best splace to start is just with a basic camera, and learn your technique with that before you start buying heavy. By heavy I mean pretty much anything else. It's no use having the gear and just wondering round like a bunch of idiots not knowing how to use it. Once you've got the camera, move onto sound, then whatever else.

Also I've found that either Moviemaker & Final Cut Pro, which are both mac programs are the best editing programs to use. Final Cut pro is harder to learn it is a great program and I'll endorse it to the grave.

And most important of all, make sure you've got interested people. It's no use having the camera and all the gears if no one's going to show up other then yourself.

That's my 2 cents. Do with it what you will.

cybersarge said:
The best splace to start is just with a basic camera, and learn your technique with that before you start buying heavy. By heavy I mean pretty much anything else. It's no use having the gear and just wondering round like a bunch of idiots not knowing how to use it. Once you've got the camera, move onto sound, then whatever else.

Also I've found that either Moviemaker & Final Cut Pro, which are both mac programs are the best editing programs to use. Final Cut pro is harder to learn it is a great program and I'll endorse it to the grave.

And most important of all, make sure you've got interested people. It's no use having the camera and all the gears if no one's going to show up other then yourself.

That's my 2 cents. Do with it what you will.

Yea I might just do that get a camera for around $300 and editing software around $170 to start off with but I just got news that I won't be able to start it till next year but I could start getting stuff together for the club now and for the time being it might just be a film appreciation club till we get set but Thanks for your 2 cents and also is a Mac really that much better for movies than a PC?

Yea, Macintosh's are legendary when it comes to film editing. They're designed for photo manipulation/film editing in mind. Rather then the pc's which are more general.

cybersarge said:
Yea, Macintosh's are legendary when it comes to film editing. They're designed for photo manipulation/film editing in mind. Rather then the pc's which are more general.

Alright Thanks again, so now only thing I have to do is gather up some ppl who are dedicated and talk aout with the principal and we're set for new year thanks

Re: Advice to start a Film Club

Junior4565 said:
Hey I need some advice to start a film club at school but the thing is I don't know what I need except a camera, boomstick, editing software and sound/lighting equipment
Also I'm planning to buy this
Panasonic-HDC-SD5-Definition-Camcorder-Stabilization/dp/B000TVSYMQ/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1202351194&sr=8-1

P.S. and also which is a good editing program for beginners I was thinking about Sony Vegas because people talk about that a lot but I'm not sure

Good luck.

Network Sponsors

Back