Actor Scheduling Help

BigBeaner

I guess you can consider this question as directing, I just want some other input on my current quagmire, maybe I'm overreacting, maybe I'm right or you'll have a far greater idea. Anyway here's my question.

I'm making a 16mm short that really has only two actors, no dialogue and they appear in all scenes together. Now one actors schedule is free basically on saturday and some sundays but the other actor is mostly free during the week and some spots odd hours during the weekend. We've been having problems because not only have been the actors randomly dropping out on days on us, but this is mostly exteriors and we've been hit with a lot of rain. We shot about 250 out of 900 feet of the film we have and it's just hard because we keep losing weeks and days because of the actors dropping out and the rain on top of it.

So, am I overreacting and shouldn't worry and just stick this out or should I replace one actor or even both? What would you do?

I'd offer a small stipend ($150 - $200) for each of your actors, and get their agreements in writing (ie a contract). This way, as in business, you'll "own" them until the shoot is done. And remember, most people will do their utmost best if they know a paycheck is coming off the back end.

Network Sponsors

Back