Acting Workshop in NYC

PlasmaCam

Hello aspiring film makers and actors… My name is Vanessa Daniels, and I am the new moderator in the Actor’s forum. I am a working actress who lives in NYC, and I want to invite you to ask me any questions about acting technique or acting as a business. Let’s get a dialogue going.

If any of you are in the NYC area- I will be teaching a film acting and business workshop for 5 weeks starting beginning of March, every Tuesday night from 6:30-8:30 pm through studentfilmmakersforums.com. We will do on camera work, talk about acting technique, and also how to get the connections you need to become a working actor. I will be inviting agents to come and see you do film scenes and talk to you about the best way to get an agent. So if you or anyone you know is interested in improving your skills- please contact Kim Welch through the website or call 212-255-5454 and sign up now. It doesn't matter if you are a beginner or professional- this class will accomodate all levels. I won’t bore you info about my credentials, but if you are interested email me and ask. See you at the workshops!

something for everyone

something for everyone

My workshops will have something for everyone we will breakdown scenes with easy to follow guidelines that can help a beginner or working professional better understand the craft. No need to be intimidated by lack of experience or training- after attending this workshop you will no longer feel like a beginner.

Welcome to the forums Vanessa

I'm looking to discover a few reliable online resources for studying the theory/technical aspects of acting.
Like the differences between method acting and principle, etc., lol, I don't even know the different forms.

I realize that with each person on a set, there's a different language and a different tone that's used to communicate the same idea.

As a person who prefers to be behind the camera, I'd like to know how to communicate effectively with a well trained actor, using the terminology that they may be more familar with.
More importantly, I feel that studying acting will also facilitate the writing process.

Thanks in advance... :D

acting training on line

acting training on line

Hey Jacob. Thanks for your reply. It's unfortunate you are in TX and cannot attend the workshops so I can go into greater detail about technique... but my best advice is to use other resources besides the internet for training. Take an acting class or workshop in your area. Read Books. There are dozens of books about the different methods developed by different greats in the biz. For film, I highly recommend Michael Caine's Acting on Film... For method acting Stanislavski's books are the original deal, also anything by Uta Hagen, Stella Adler, Sanford Meisner- will all have different advice about technique. From there it's all about putting your own personal suitcase of useful tools to bettering your craft. There are no right or wrong answers in acting, just more and more questions! Never ends...

Network Sponsors

Back