A Stranger's Mysterious Phone Call at Night; Noir Series

Swati Panda

Name
Swati Panda
Date
14 February 2023
This is the second episode of my noir series - Bouquet of Lies. You can watch previous episodes, trailers in my channel.
In the last episode a mystery man with a Vendetta mask kills a man and a woman in suits and disappears mysteriously.

Feeling glad I released something after a while. Was occupied with studies and exams, was almost jammed in my head. This time I have tried subtle , no sound , little sound in the background and used small subtle body movements. I also learnt how to make a phonic call using effects and other subtle sounds present in the ambience. These days I am observing things aroundme in real life even more and in a finer way.

There is always a temptation to add music, effects or do too much. But sometimes you will realise "Less is more." If you check some old classic films, they didn't had much background music, unless it's very important. I realised too much music can become like a person forcing you to think in a certain way and we lose our calm. Less music, sfx can completely calm you and even make the audience think on your own.

Though music can be very helpful at certain places when it's really required. At that time, music is manipulating the audience , hence the director is manipulating. Overall we need an economical approach of where to put and where not to put, what, when to do something and when not to do. That is the economics of cinema. Wishing the best for all filmmakers.

Last edited:
I just finished watching "The Phone Call" and I was wondering...how did you get the police involved in the scenes at 3:16? :D

Network Sponsors

Back