a little promotion

Jared Isham

So I am a bit excited about completing almost 20 pages of a script in three days as well as being fairly happy with the way the project is turning out. So I thought I would let the filmmaker community here know about it and possibly give some input on the little bit that they can see.

All I have is a teaser but hopefully it is interesting enough to give some opinions. http://www.stgham.com/trash.html

I know people start a lot of discussions about funding for their films - well this one was done on a no budget. I just paid for food along with some friends donating on that behalf. Let me tell you - if you have friends who are still in film school there is a good chance you can get usage of equipment for free :). Just hope that you are still on good terms with your professors. - Anyway, there are my two cents.

look pretty cool - is that song in the background now a public domain property? Otherwise if you're really trying to go anywhere with this, they won't let you show it. The only thing that stood out were the couple of takes of the guy picking up the trash next to the desk and I think there were two takes of the guy sitting with the glass in the extreme foreground - - - they may have something to do with the story, but from my perspective it was just nonsense and it wasn't intriguing. Also, if you can, you might want to try and play with your audio mix a bit since especially in the bit about the guy losing his job it had a bad echo - but I dunno if that's your final mix or not...

Looked cool though - composition looked good throughout - good luck - show more later??!

thanks for the input, all very valid.

Actually for the song, I am not using that in the film at all. I have some friends that might be scoring it and we will be recording with a live orchestra. Sound, well that is definately not the final mix. I think that a lot of the loss in quality has something to do with the compression.

Either way, I am still working on a first rought cut and will hopefully have it done soon for the composers to take a look at. I also might be having a friend give some input on the sound mix who works at Universal in the sound department.

I do admit that some of the shots don't quite help in telling what the story is, I will have to work on that for if I cut a new trailer - I am focusing on the final product more at the moment.

Network Sponsors

Back