Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A.I.

• Hellboy

• Total voters
D

Digigenic

Most applications for 3-D modeling and animation can be pretty pricey.

The ones I hear about most frequently are also pretty complex. There's 3DsMax, Lightwave, Maya, and Softimage. Those are some of the heavy hitters. They're used for feature films and Sci-fi series. There are some less expensive applications, like Carrara Studio 3, and Ulead's Cool 3-D. There's also some sweetening plug-ins you can integrate into your app, like Deep Paint 3D 2.0, and Wonder Touch. Also, Adobe's After Effects can be used with some of these or as a stand-alone application for creating and/or enhancing motion graphics.

Here's a really helpful link to a forum for motion graphics. If you look around on there, you'll probably find something or someone to assist you on your quest for discovering the best 3-D app. Have fun...
http://www.mograph.net/board/

Personally I use Lightwave: I looked at all the various options before I bought it a year or two back and it provided by far the best features for the price compared to the alternatives... it's even better value now they've cut the price and thrown in a free copy of the limited version of Digital Fusion if you pre-order Lightwave 8. If you have an infinite amount of money then the other packages may well be better, but if you're making movies on the cheap then Lightwave is still probably the way to go.

Network Sponsors

Back