1940's props???

Re: 1940's props???

CCF said:
I guess this post belongs here- it's about props.

I'm woring on a film set in the 1940's (the script was just finished) and I'm trying to find a place to buy/rent some props (preferably on the cheap end as this is a low budget student film!). Can anyone give some suggestions?

Thanks.

depends on where you live if you live in la use la 411 and some places will give you student discounts for being a student production

It also depends on what you need. If it's just regular prop-stuff (watches, eyeglasses, jewelry, pens, etc.), check out antique malls. But, if it's a little more than that, such as guns or specialty props (for instance, 1940's style cameras, typewriters, tools), check out property masters and armourers.

1940's props

1940's props

What state are you in? This might help with the reply. I am in Dallas and we have a couple of prop houses that will rent stuff pretty cheap. And if you can schedule your shoot to where you only need the object for a day or two it works out well for them too. Junkie antique places are great to find items that with a little love can be great props as well.

Indie Film Rocks
Keith, Palatia MPG

My first suggestion would be to check around locally for flea markets, antique shops, and pawn shops. After a quick Googling I found http://www.antique-shop.com/ . Not exactly sure how much it’s updated, if at all, but you can put your zip code in and find a nearby antique shop (up to 250 miles away) . There seem to be a lot of them on the list, judging from when I tried my own zip code, 4 pages worth. Good luck in your search.

~Vaare Valentino

Network Sponsors

Back