16th Century classic vampire feature (Advice Needed)

M

Moon Drop Studios

Hello there, I am the producer and DP of a 16th Century classic vampire feature with a decent budget. We wanted to have the final product in B/W to give the feeling and essence of a classic picture. Now I am considering having the look of desaturated color giving the feeling of B/W but still having that little hint of color (like candles, torches and blood). Our wardrobe and props are mostly on the gray scale, no blues, reds or any bright colors, we are shooting on the DVX-100a with plenty of INT and EXT lighting and editing on Avid. I know a lot of this effect will be done in Avid, but is there any way I can play with the lighting to make it easier once we are in post??? I have had extensive lighting experience, but never worked with this type of look before. Is there anyone with any advice? Thanks.

Irik
http://www.moondropstudios.com/Productions/Irik/default.htm

I would sudgest using a high contrast film if you are to shoot in film/color. This will help you desaturate and also key only certain colors to show through.

besides that, can you tell us a little more of the medium you will be shooting with and also with what will you be editing?

We will be shooting on the Pan. DVX-100a (Mini DV with 24p) and editing on Avid Express Pro. Thanks.

Network Sponsors

Back